With stunning ocean views, golden sands and picturesque surrounds, it’s easy to see why so many couples choose to have a beachside wedding.
In Australia we are spoilt for choice for amazing seaside settings in which to say ‘I do’ and what better way to create the beachside wedding of your dreams than with a marquee?
Marquee beach weddings are uniquely special as no two days by the sea are ever the same.
At Pages Event Hire, we are the experts in supplying marquees for seaside locations so if you are planning a beach wedding read on to see our tips on things to consider when hiring a marquee and how to style your marquee to create the perfect atmosphere for your beach location.
Things to Consider When Hiring a Marquee for Beach Wedding
Make sure you can see the view from your marquee – It may sound obvious, but many styles of marquee don’t enable you to take in the view. Ensure you choose a marquee with windows, or clear sides so you and your guests get to enjoy the setting and have a beautiful coastal backdrop all day long.
Large clear windows will give you the maximum amount of window space, they can be rolled up during the day if the weather allows or remain down without interrupting the view.
Make sure your marquee is secure – Beach weddings can be exposed to the elements including strong sea breezes so make sure you choose a quality marquee that can cope with any condition. Our clear span marquees are designed to withstand strong winds and give you the security so you will be safe, warm and dry inside if a breeze picks up or rain and storms threaten your day.
Styling a Marquee for a Beach Wedding
Just because you are by the ocean, doesn’t mean you have to go down the beach themed route.
We have seen some stunning ideas over the years and have a great range of styling pieces and furniture to bring a beach theme to life. A beach theme connects your day with its surroundings and it can be a lot of fun putting it all together. Some ideas include:
- For the bar you could use a rowing boat, kayaks, lifesaving rings and buckets filled with ice.
- Surfboards, driftwood, old doors and much more can be used to create a unique and personal signage including table plans, table numbers and signs to direct people between the ceremony and marquee.
- Use deck chairs as an alternative to the more usual outdoor furniture.
- For guests who want to kick off their heels, why not have a basket of flips flops so they can get sand between their toes.
- Have a few blankets available so guests can gather and enjoy the sea air and consider outdoor heaters to allow for a cool evening.
- Sea shells, flowers, bamboo and other natural elements work well to enhance the relaxed vibe of a beach wedding while pops of colour also play an important role in furthering the party atmosphere. Bright feature pieces such as umbrellas is a great idea.
- For a unique alternative for dessert, why not consider an ice-cream cart? Who doesn’t love an ice cream at the beach?
Whatever you do, enjoy the planning and build up to your day and make sure that the marquee you hire enables you to bring the vision of your beach wedding to life.
Pages Event Hire has everything you need to create the perfect beachside wedding. From high quality marquees to all the furniture and décor items to create an amazing ambience, contact us today and let us help you select the right marquee for your requirements and budget.